B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd is absolutely committed to the protection of privacy and to fully implementing and complying with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Provision of Personal Data
a) B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd recognises the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
b) You understand, acknowledge and consent to the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd processing, collecting and using your personal data for the following purposes:
- processing, administering and managing your contractual transactions with B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd;
- processing any transactions or payments made by you and to maintain payment records;
- contacting you or communicating with you via telephone call, text message, fax message, email and/or postal mail for the purposes of processing, administering and managing your contractual transactions with B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd;
- for publicity purposes and conducting research, analysis and development activities (including but not limited to data analytics, surveys and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities in order to enhance the services we provide to you, where you have consented for B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd to do so;
- record-keeping purposes;
- responding to legal process, pursuing legal rights and remedies, defending litigation and managing any complaints or claims;
- complying with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request; and
- storing, hosting and/or backing up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) your personal data, whether within or outside Hong Kong
c) Your personal data may be used, disclosed, maintained, accessed, processed and/or transferred to the following third parties, whether sited in Hong Kong or outside of Hong Kong, for one or more of the purposes set out above:
- B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.’s head office, affiliates and subsidiaries;
- any of the Company’s agents, contractors or third party service providers that process or will be processing your personal data on our behalf including but not limited to those third party service providers which have been engaged by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd to : (i) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information; (ii) to operate the; or (iii) otherwise in connection with the provision of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd services to you;
- B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd’s auditors and legal advisors;
- financial institutions, credit card companies and payment processors; and
- public and governmental / regulatory authorities, courts and other alternative dispute forums.
d) Data relating to B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd guests may be used for processing services, collection of dues, service fees and other payments required or used in connection with the operation of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd and any ancillary or related purpose thereto.
e) B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd may provide and transfer such data to any other department of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd. B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd or any member of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd ‘s Group, any agent, collection agency, contractor or person who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer and other services to B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd in connection with the operation of the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd businesses.
You have the right to request access to and correct your personal data held by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.
f) If you have once accept to give us and use of your personal data, you may receive from us from time to time administrative news, direct marketing telephone calls, emails, SMS, direct mailings or other means, the same of which contain promotional materials. You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by: Sending us a written request by:
i) Email to: email@example.com
ii) Updating your communication preference
OUR CORPORATE PRIVACY
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd’s officers, management, and members of staff shall, at all times, respect the confidentiality of and endeavor to keep safe any and all personal data collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used for, or on behalf of, B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd. B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd shall endeavor to ensure all collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd shall be done in an appropriate manner. Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction of personal data relating to the individual, held by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd, then B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd shall provide and/or correct that data in an appropriate time and manner.
STATEMENT OF PRACTICES
Types of Personal Data Collected:
For the purpose of carrying on B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd’s business, including registration and administration of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd’s related products and services (including relevant online services), you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
1. Your name;
2. Correspondence address, and/or billing address;
3. Payment details, including credit card and banking information;
4. Contact details, including contact name and telephone number or email address
5. Your image taken at our premises with a web cam (or like equipment ) for visual identification
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd may employ other companies or individuals to assist us in providing our services, or to provide certain services such as analysing customer lists, providing marketing assistance or consulting services. These third parties may have access to information needed to perform their function but cannot use that information for other purposes.
Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to our order and/or service hotlines and/or inquiry telephone numbers are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal, as well as staff management and development. Unless expressly indicated at the time of calling, such recordings are NOT personal data of the caller and therefore, in respect of the caller, are not subject to the various provisions of the Ordinance and the caller has no rights and/or claims; either statutory, contractual or tortuous, over or to such data. At all times, every care is taken to protect such recordings from inadvertent and/or unauthorized access.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the use of checksum verification on some numeric fields such as account numbers or credit card numbers. In some instances, we are able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data held B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd. In some cases, B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd is required to see original documentation before we may use the personal data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or in locked areas if in hard copy format: these repositories are protected in controlled facilities. In some cases these facilities may be overseas.
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorized access to personal information.
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd will destroy any personal data it may hold in accordance with our internal retention policy. The policy states that:
1. Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations; and
2. Personal data are purged from B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.’s electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with specific schedules based on the above criteria and B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.’s internal procedures.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data held by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd will be kept confidential but the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
1. Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd;
2. Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd, or jointly with the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
3. Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information; and
4. Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested. Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under Hong Kong law to gain access to such information provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information. For example, if B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd were served with a court order demanding certain customer information then B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF HONG KONG
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd to transfer certain personal data to places outside of Hong Kong in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done so in accordance with B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd policy, and local legislation such as the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Physical records containing personal data are securely stored in locked areas and/or containers when not in use. Computer data are stored on computer systems and storage media to which access is strictly controlled and/or are located within restricted areas. Access to records and data without appropriate management authorization are strictly prohibited. Authorizations are granted only on a “need to know” basis that is commensurate with an individual’s Company responsibilities and their training. Records of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd are under the control of assigned information officers who are responsible to ensure the transfer of or access to information is legitimate. Audit records may be produced to validate data modifications in order to verify the data’s integrity. There may be violations logging processes for investigation of any unauthorized attempt to access information. Encryption technology, such as SSL, may be employed for the transmission of data collected online.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Individuals have the right to :
1. Check whether B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd holds any personal data relating to them and, if so, obtain copies of such data;
2. Require B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd to correct any personal data relating to them which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used.
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd will honor an individual’s request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. Specifically, we request that you include the corresponding Company assigned account numbers which are printed on B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.’s statements/invoices. Please also state clearly the authority under which you are authorized to make such a request. Unless otherwise instructed as per the above, B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd may use any of the data collected in the normal course of its business for marketing purposes.
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd provides links to websites outside of the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd website. These linked websites are not under the control of B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd, and B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd website, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd reserve the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation, to meet its global policy requirements, and for any other purpose deemed necessary by B.K. Rekhatex (HK) Ltd.